Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that they should join the Equestrian Team.
Attention Getter: There are so many activities you can participate in that relieve stress. Imagine a cathartic stress relieving sport where sport equipment is over 1,000 pounds with a mind of its own and your goal is to work as a team to fly over several obstacles. Well that is horseback riding.
Speaker Credibility: I, myself, have been riding horses most of my life and have been a member of the equestrian team for the past two years, so I was very interested in the health benefits discovered in a research study.
Relevance to Your Audience: College is a very stressful time in our lives, so we are always looking for fun and healthy new ways to relieve our stress. According to trendhunter.com, one in five students feel too stressed to study or be with friends and have considered dropping out. Only 52 % of freshmen say their emotional health is above average.
Thesis Statement and preview of main points: You should join the Equestrian team because college causes a lot of stress and research shows that horseback riding is a great stress reliever.
Transition: Let’s start by looking at the common problems stress causes to college students.
College students have do deal with moving away from home, intense pressure to keep their GPA high, working towards career goals, final exams, maintaining a social life, and the costs of college, all of which is a recipe for stress. (Reifman, 2011)
There are many negative mental effects from stress.
Visual aid: Two powerpoint slides of graphs illustrating percentages of causes of college related stress.
Some mental stress symptoms can hurt s...
... middle of paper ...
...cles few activities target. (Stout, 2013)
Riding increases your flexibility and your cardiovascular endurance. (Stout, 2013)
It does not matter if you do not know how to ride because their are all levels from beginner to experienced.
The Purdue Team is co-ed so anyone can join.
Directional Transition: Now that you know more about this unique and rewarding way to relieve stress let’s review.
I. Reiteration of the Thesis: You should consider joining the Purdue Equestrian team because it will help relieve many stress related issues caused by college life.
II. Summary of Main Points: There are both physical and mental symptoms of stress and horseback riding can relieve both.
Clincher: College is a stressful time in all of our lives but being a part of the Purdue Equestrian Team will make your college experience more fun and memorable.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- TITLE: The Morning-After pill. I. Introduction: Attention getting opening: "People have a basic human right to decide the number and spacing of their children and the right to obtain the necessary methods to do so", this was stated by the General Assembly of the United Nations World Conference on Human Rights in 1968 (Mattar). But not all methods are applicable in the countries of the world. Thesis Statement: It is a very sensitive and controversial issue, that's why I’m talking today about the morning after pill.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- Good Afternoon everyone; My presentation topic today is: why you should travel Nepal. Let's begins with Bob Seger's legendary song: "Kathmandu" I think I'm goin' to Katmandu, That's really really where I'm going to If I ever get out of here That's what I'm gonna do Kkkkkk, Katmandu I think it's really where I'm going to If I ever get out of here I'm goin to Katmandu...... Capital city of Nepal,Kathmandu is as beautiful as this 14 stanzas song. Wedged between the high wall of the Himalaya and the steamy jungles of the Indian plains, a small land-locked country Nepal is a land of snow peaks and Sherpas, yaks and yetis, monasteries and mantras, situated between India and China.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- ... Cicero however, seems to put little emphasis on this and instead focuses most of his attention on Clodia and his attempts to slander her name. “I shall forgive Atratinus, however, a civilized and altogether excellent young man and a friend of mine. He can plead as his excuse either filial duty, or compulsion, or his tender years” (Pro Caelio 2, pg 129). Cicero is completely forgiving Atratinus for his involvement in this trial implying that he had pure motives such as the protection of his father.... [tags: Roman Republic, Ancient Rome, Rhetoric, Cicero]
1406 words (4 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that aggressive driving should be avoided. Introduction I.Attention Getter: Speeding, tailgating, giving the finger and outright violence. Each day Americans grow more and more likely to take out their personal frustrations on other drivers. It is called aggressive driving and it is on the incline. II. Definition: Driving is a curious combination of public and private acts. A car isolates a driver from the world even as it carries him through it. The sensation of personal power is intoxicating.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- PURPOSE: To persuade my audience that non-heart beating donations are barbaric and should not be part of our American modern day medicine. I. Introduction A. Attention Getter 1. Story about Mr. Robert Henry a. Mr. Robert Henry is a 45-year-old corporate executive who, while preparing to go to work, complains of a severe headache and collapses in front of his wife. As he is brought into the emergency room, he is seizing. He is quickly given intravenous meds to stop this. A computerized tomography scan reveals a devastating subarachnoid hemorrhage.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
691 words (2 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that I should be the next class President The 16th president Abraham Lincoln once said "Character is like a tree and reputation is like a Shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, the tree is the real thing." I feel like Public School #23 has a character of its own.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
618 words (1.8 pages)