Essay PreviewMore ↓
I feel like Public School #23 has a character of its own. In fact it's like a tree, it has roots of strong administrators who make sure we stay grounded. It has a strong trunk of teachers who wish to support us in whatever we decide to do. We have wonderful subjects the branches that make us interested and fill our brains with knowledge and we the students are the leaves. As freshman we start to bud, as sophomores we begin to get full shape and color, as juniors we begin are full shape and size and by senior year we are tired and wish to leave the tree and adventure the world. The shadow that our tree forms is a very respectable one. I am ______ and I want to be your Class President.
I show respect for everybody and believe that is one of the most important qualities for a president. A president should be able and will to listen to others.
How to Cite this Page
"Persuasive Speech: I Should Be the Next Class President." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that I should be the next class President The 16th president Abraham Lincoln once said "Character is like a tree and reputation is like a Shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, the tree is the real thing." I feel like Public School #23 has a character of its own.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Persuasive skills are becoming more and more important in today’s workplace. You as a business student need to understand the effective techniques needed to influence your fellow employees and bosses on the job. Persuasion can change the whole mindset of a company’s employees and employers and it can change how a business runs thing; this is why persuasive skills are such important skills to have. Persuasion can be conveyed face-to-face or through other ways such as Internet or TV. To be an effective persuader, you first need to understand what persuasion is.... [tags: Persuasion, Regulatory Focus Theory, Need, Want]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction: I. Ferrets are amusing creatures that can make good pets. II. Many people would be interested in a low maintenance pet that is softer than a turtle and more affectionate than a goldfish. III. I currently have three ferrets. I got my first one about five years ago. I found my second and third ferrets a couple of years later at the Oregon Ferret Shelter, where I ended up adopting them for a modest price. I have also volunteered at the shelter now and then and have learned a lot about them.... [tags: Persuasive Speech, Argumentative Speech]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Briar Clay Mrs. Bauch 05-16-16 Persuasive Speech Lowering the Drinking Age to 18 How many of you would like the chance to purchase an alcoholic beverage by the time you turn 18. Today I am going to go over some pros and cons on lowering the drinking age to 18. This is something I believe should be done in Iowa or even the whole nation. Upon researching this topic I learned that ever since the drinking age was increased to 21 years of age more people have died from drug over dose instead. Another fact on drug over dose is that it has increased 102% since the increase of the drinking age.... [tags: Alcoholic beverage, Drinking culture]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to become more involved in their environment. My main purpose is to convince them to purchase and recycle goods. Central Idea: Recycling items can both help preserve the Earth and save it from pollution. Every resource on Earth will not be around forever. Organizational Pattern: Topical Introduction I. Attention Getter: Raise your hand if you have ever been given a balloon at your birthday party. Raise your hand if you have ever been given a balloon on Valentine’s Day.... [tags: Recycling, Waste management, Reuse]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Topic: The American Red Cross Club at State University is group that organizes blood drives, and thinks of creative ways to motivate people do donate blood. Purpose Statement: Check out the flyer, stop in at a meeting, or search for us online, to find out how to sign up. Audience Analysis: 1. Demographics: People who wish to donate blood will need to be at least 17 years of age and weighing no less than 110 pounds. If one is interested in joining the American Red Cross Club, they will need to be a current MSU student.... [tags: Informative Speech]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- ... My strength of seeing the big picture takes the complex ideas and simplifies them. Explaining these ideas to team members is vital to their understanding. This strength will help me define the organization I work with. Communication is important to professional success. If I continue observing, I will translate reasons for goals to the members of my team. Strengths and Problem Solving Problem solving skills are important to employers. Leading by example entails showing rational steps to achieve solutions.... [tags: Leadership, Problem solving, Management, Conflict]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Free Speech Should Not be Restricted I have an idea! How about we let everyone freely speak their minds about issues and ideas. Some will be better than others will of course, but the outcome will be a compilation of everyone’s best thoughts. Everyone that is, except you. We, meaning the country, decided that whatever it is that you have to say isn’t all that important and it is recommended that you keep all your thoughts to yourself as it is hard not to be offensive to everyone at the same time. By offensive I mean to displease someone. In general, no one really likes what you have to say. Therefore it has been decided that you and only you will be silenced.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
548 words (1.6 pages)
My first issue I would like to address is the Cafeteria issue. There are several minor changes that I would like to make. The first change I would like to make is the vending machines especially the one that dispenses bottles throughout the day. There are about 6 buttons on that machine in the cafeteria and out of which only 2 dispenses drinks other than water. The other two drinks are apple juice and orange juice. So let us say if you are one of the kids who need to have a Gatorade but you are in a hurry to go to your next class you have to wait on line and risk being late to your next class or ask to go during class or just wait until you have more time to get your drink. It would just make life much better for the students to have more options in the vending machines. I would also like to change the atmosphere in of the cafeteria. Most of the time by 5th period it is very hard to eat there, it is usually very dirty and as you progress throughout the day the cafeteria gets worse. If we make the cafeteria into more of a cleaner and change the environment to be a little more restaurant like people would eat there more, and would not be going outside as much. Also increasing the variety of food would also make the food more appealing to more people.
My other issue I would like to discuss is the Bathroom. Bathrooms are not a privilege they are a right for students. Students spend so many hours in schools and the bathrooms are not supplied sufficiently enough. There is usually lacking soap or toilet paper. This is a big issue because this not only affects our concentration and school work. But there are studies showing that this could affect our long term health as well. I would like to make sure the bathrooms are being constantly supplied with the necessities and have more open so then there won?t be as much of a waiting period to get to a stall.
I truly believe I could make a change in our High school that we will all appreciate. Thank you!